What you think ” Can England Save the 2nd test”. England has beaten India in the first test match and has played a beautiful game in the first match. The credit for 1st test match win goes to Joe Root who scored a double century.
But, in the 2nd test match, India played good cricket. Rohit Sharma (Hitman) scored 161 runs in the first inning and Rahane scored 67 runs. Ashwin again showed us why he is no. 1 test bowler.
Things India did well
- Rohit played attacking cricket and scored 161 runs.
- After scoring 0 in both innings of 1st test match, Rahane made sure he is going to show his real character and scored 67 runs.
- Pant scored attacking 50 and with his 50, India managed to score 329 runs.
- India did a great job in the field too.
- Ashwin and Axar Patel both bowled beautifully. Ashwin took another 5 wickets-haul and thus they managed to bowl out England for 134 runs.
Things England Failed to do
- They did not start well and lost 1st wicket for 0.
- Root failed to provide them with a good start and got out early.
- They tried to play safe cricket and failed to even rotate the strike.
- In the first inning, They failed to bowl in the good areas and spinners also bowled a lot of over-pitched deliveries.
Till 4:00 PM IST, India has scored 42 runs and lost 1 wicket of Shubman Gill who scored 14 runs. The current lead of India is 237 runs and India is looking in a great position to win this match. India is looking to win this test match and England is looking to save this test match.
It will be quite interesting to see how they approach. How they will play and will they show any fight in this test match.